Thursday, June 17, 2010

My Lil Brother, Not to be Confused with My Baby Brother


I've been thinking a lot today about that snot nosed little brat that use to get me in trouble all the time. It's hard to believe that same obnoxious little boy has become quite the man (still a bit obnoxious). Donald is even getting married to his high school sweet heart Kristen next May. They took the long road around to get to that point but eh, they've got each other and that's all that matters.

I was remembering my brother when we were little. He use to run into my room and scream when I had friends over and he use to drive me insane. I remember when he was really little probably 4 or 5 I use to have to lay in bed with him until he went to sleep cuz he never liked to go to sleep himself. I would pretend I was sleeping and then once he went to sleep I'd sneak out and get to go watch T.V.

My mom likes to remember the time I smacked him upside his head with a See-N-Say toy when he was a baby. Or the time I tried to give him a bottle but he wouldn't take it so I pinched him to try and get him to take it. He screamed so loud. I got in so much trouble for that.

I remember him threating to tell Mom and Dad on me for one thing or another all the time, but you know what, he rarely ever did.

He did one time chase me around with a snake, I jumped in Ma's car to hide and he stuck that stupid snake up through the floorboard. UGH! I was so mad at him for that. One thing he'd tell you about us is the time I chased him onto the the roof and he fell off.. I don't remember if he told on me or not for that? He use to annoy the hell out of me.

Now that we're grown-ups we have a pretty good relationship. I remember the first time he came to TN and he got his first ever tattoo. He turned sheet white and almost passed out. And I remember when he came to visit and we almost got thrown out of Kickers (which was my favorite bar). He stayed with me for a bit and was a pretty good diaper changer for Aiden. When he moved to TN to live with Kristen I was very excited. It was great to have family close to me, we got to have Holidays together and he and Kristen would come to Clarksville for the kids sports events. Moving to Hawaii sucked in that respect. My family was moving and my little brother was continuing his life in TN. I haven't seen him in 2 years but that little boy that use to annoy the hell out of me is now a man that I love and respect and wish nothing but the best for. I'm excited for him about his wedding, I'm hoping to see him before then, but can't wait to share his big day with him.

1 comment:

  1. awwwww!! Donald and I just now read this!! Apparently we're a little behind on keeping up with your blog. So sweet....he hasn't changed a bit by the way. lol. Still can't sleep alone, still annoys the hell out of people, still jumps off roofs, and every once in a while, I WANT to smack him up side the head with something....anything! LOL! But I can't wait to marry him, and I can't wait for you to be there with us. Unfortunately, the only way we'll be able to come to Hawaii before then is if we win the lottery---and the chances of that are, well you know.

    ReplyDelete